Mobile Marketing: What makes it effective, valuable and result-oriented?
Mobile handset is mostly, if not always, within an armâs reach of the owner. The omnipresence nature of the device has made it most valuable media in recent times.Â Most mobile phone users are within an armâs reach of their devices over 90% of their active hours.
The very nature of the communication device makes mobile campaigns easy to create and execute. It helps brands reach out to people all over the world. Moreover, the delivery of mobile campaign is almost always guaranteed, unlike other channels of communication. The messages are delivered to recipients within seconds, which makes it apt for live /timely messages, for e.g., âA R Rahman coming to the city tonight. Book concert ticket now.â The medium provides the ability to customize the brand message to a diversified audience. Moreover, itâs a measurable medium with the ability to track downloads, page visits, customer opt-ins, etc.
Letâs look at a few highlights /unexplored aspects at a glance:
Omnipresence: Mobile handset is mostly if not always within an armâs reach of their devices owners. The omnipresence nature of the mobile device has made it most valuable media in recent times.
Letâs take a glance at what more can the device offer!
- Reach: The mobile as a communication medium offers ubiquitous reach. It reaches recipients wherever the handset owner is.
- Intimacy: Mobile is a very personal device. It is a part of the ownerâs identity.
- Distribution: The beauty of mobile campaigns is that it can reach out to people all over the world. The delivery of mobile communication is almost always guaranteed.
- Cost-effective: It is priced at cost per message, which is very modest. Moreover, the cost per message decrease as volume increases.
- Targeted & Personal: The mobile as a medium has ability to customize the brand message for a diversified audience.
- Two-way: It offers an opportunity to the customers to reach back to the brand. The two-way communication option makes it more effective and interactive.
- Interactive:Â Mobile as a device has ability to reach customers on- the-go and create highly effective and interactive communication.
- Relationship: Mobile marketing has unique ability to build long lasting customer relationships. It retain existing customers while enticing new customers
- Effectiveness: The mobile campaign effectiveness is always higher than any other form of the media. The average response rate is approximately 15%.
- Convenience: The small screen size of mobile handset makes campaign managers to keep message basic and simple.
- Localization: Location-based service provides contextual information, which can be effectively used to converse with customers.
- Integration: Mobile marketing has ability to integrate with existing communication strategies without incurring large capital expenditures
- Microblogging: Mobile users are increasingly using microblogging platforms like Twitter, which can be highly beneficial to the marketer.
- Viral: The ease with which mobile marketing messages can be shared with potential customers makes it makes it a potent viral marketing tool.
- Mobile marketing offers subscribers the control over opt-in /opt-in.
- M-Payment: The mobile payment is very convenient for the users. It is offered as a secure online payment environment, which works via advanced mobile Web systems.
- Tracking: User response can be tracked instantaneously which makes mobile marketer understand and analyze user behaviour.
- Quantifiable: Mobile campaign results can be tracked through downloads, page visits, customer opt-ins, and a variety of other methods.